Linda at 2nd Cup o’Coffee hosts this meme every week. The questions aren’t your ordinary meme fare, which makes them worth doing.
1. How old is the oldest pair of shoes in your closet?
There are no shoes in my closet.Â They are on the shoe rack out in my garage.Â The oldest pair is about 10, I guess.
2. Did you buy Girl Scout cookies this year? If so, what variety?
No. The last time I purchased Girl Scout Cookies they came 12 to a box for $3.00. That’s 25 cents per bite. I like Girl Scout cookies, but they just aren’t that good.
3. Do you know how to ballroom dance? If not, would you like to?
I took classes and enjoyed them, but if I were a better dancer I would just be frustrated because I have no one to dance with.
4. Were you a responsible child/teenager?
So-so. More responsible than some of my friends. Less responsible than others. I didn’t lie, cheat, steal, do drugs or drink. I did skip school on occasion and I spent most of my money (which I worked for myself) playing pinball.
5. How many of this year’s Oscar-nominated movies did you see?
I don’t know. What movies were nominated? I don’t do TV and now that I don’t have OJM dragging me out twice a year I may never see another movie.
6. If you’re going to have a medical procedure done, such as having blood drawn, is it easier for you to watch someone else having the procedure done or have it done yourself?
Short story: I was in a motorcycle accident and ripped the top off my right foot. There was dirt and rock embedded in my flesh. I watched avidly as the intern dug it out, and I kept wiggling my toes so I could watch my muscles and tendons move. My answer to this question is: me or you, I don’t care, I just want to watch.
7. What is your favorite day of the week and why?
Sunday — church!
8. Do you miss anyone right now?
Dr. John — every day. He used to comment on my blog every afternoon around 1 p.m. Now when I see that it is after one and I turn to my computer, I remember that I will never again get another comment from Dr. John, and I am sad.
9. Do hospitals make you queasy?
Not really. I worked in one for years.
10. At which store would you like to max-out your credit card. Not that you ever would, you responsible person, you.
This week? On the internet at Overstock.com. They can just send theiir entire inventory ….
11. Are you true to the brand names of products/items?
Somethings yes. Somethings, no. I have a toothpaste I like. Amoeba has a brand of potato chips he prefers. We both have our favorite soda. But the majority of my buying is done with an eye on the price tag.
12. Which is more difficult: looking into someoneâ€™s eyes when you are telling someone how you feel, or looking into someoneâ€™s eyes when he/she is telling you how he/she feels?
Of course it depends on who it is, but for the most part t is harder for me when someone is sharing sharing their feelings. I am afraid what my face might reveal if my feelings differ. I never want to hurt anyone’s feeings and my face reveals my every thought.