It’s that time again! Lidna over at 2nd Cup of Coffee has come up with 12 more questions. This is her 15th Dozen. I just love her memes. They make me think!
1. Which physical trait do you now accept–maybe not love, but accept–and no longer feel extremely self-conscious about?
When I was born my esophagus wasn’t attached to my stomach. To save my life, the doctor left me with a scar from below my belly button to the bottom of my breast bone. Because if it I have never worn a cropped blouse or a two piece swim suit. As a teen and young adult I hated that scar. Now when I see it, I understand that without the scar I could have been a beautiful dead baby. I like my life.
2. This week Meredith Baxter Birney, best known as the mom on the favorite 80s sitcom “Family Ties” came out of the closet, which led me to formulate this question: Who do you think is/was the best TV mom?
I don’t watch TV so I can’t answer this.
3. Do you speak any foreign languages? Are there any you’d like to learn?
I studied Spanish, but I don’t speak it well.
4. Who is your personal hero?
My grandmother. She lived her life as a light for God. If I could even be half the person she was, I would be proud of myself.
5. What is one holiday food that you find extremely difficult to resist over- indulging in?
It would probably be easier to find one I don’t fins difficult to resist!
6. Tell me about a Christmas decoration that has special meaning or sentimental value.
I had a set of hand painted china Christmas bells. They were stolen in a move over 20 years ago and I still mourn them. They were my great grandmothers.
7. How do you feel about snow?
Cold. And I don’t like it, either. I might enjoy it more if it would consent not to fall on the front walk or driveway.
8. On average, how many hours of sleep do you get each night? Not that I’m jealous of any number over three or anything.
I usually sleep 6-8 hours per night with 7 hours being about average.
9. Tell me about your first crush.
From 1st through 4th grade I was madly in love with Roy Shones. Then he moved away and my heart ached for years. Whenever his grandparents had company I would ride my bike by their home hoping it might be Roy and I would see him. In 6th grade we finally came face-to-face again, and he didn’t even remember me. That was the first time my heart broke.
10. You’re stuck in a room for 2 hours with only a chalkboard and chalk. What will you write/draw?
Pft — I’m a teacher. I’ll clean the board and then have a math lesson, a vocabulary lesson and a writing prompt up and waiting for the students to return.
11. Do you dress for the current temp or for the day’s forecast?
Current temp — and I change as the day changes. That’s what layers are for.
12. Favorite Christmas movie is?
White Christmas (old) While You Were Sleeping (newer).