As usual I am a day (or two) late and a dollar (or more) short, but I am pleased to (be probably the last to) announce that the Random Dozen has returned to Wednesdays! Thank you, Linda (aka Lid or Lidna) at 2nd Cup of Coffee.
1. When was the last time you laughed until you cried?
This Summer with my family.Â We are a silly sort.
2. If you found $10 today, what would you do with it?
I suppose that depends on where I found it.Â If there was a chance of finding its rightful owner, I would look for him or her.Â If there was no chance, I’d tuck it in my purse and keep it until an occasion called me to spend it.
3. Do you volunteer anywhere?
Yep.Â Lot’s of places throughout my life.Â Most generally through my home church, but not always. I love volunteer work.
4. What is your favorite summertime veggie or fruit, and how do you eat it?
Summer fruits and veggies should be eaten fresh picked, raw and still warm from the garden sunshine. This week I am grooving on blackberries.
5. Is your social sphere (circle of friends) small, medium or large?
I suppose that depends on your definition of friendship. I have a very large group of people who I enjoy spending time with on varios occasions, but only a small handful of people who truly know who I am and what I am about that I trust to love me warts and all.
6. When was the last time you attended a family or school reunion? How did that go?
I have never been to a school reunion. We had a bit of a family reunion this Summer for my sister’s birthday, and it was a blast.
7. When you’re feeling blue, what is the best way someone can cheer you up?
Well, if I am seriously blue, they should probably start by turning on the heat. And then a hug would probably be nice, followed by a bit of listening while I vent, or being silent while I contemplate, depending on which is needed.
8. Have you taken a vacation this summer?
No. I have taken several. I have visited Canada, Hawaii, and my hometown.
9. What is the most unnecessary item you carry with you all the time?
My checkbook. I rarely ever use it.
10. What is the best summer flick you have seen so far?
I haven’t seen any Summer flicks. What should I have seen?
11. Describe a perfect summer day.
A lot of sunshine, but not too much heat. A soft breeze, sea scented air, and my love to enjoy the day with me just kicking around.
12. Please a share a favorite photo from the summer so far!
I first shared this pick almost as soon as it was taken. If you want an explanation for why it is one of my favorite pics of the Summer, go to the original post and read not just it, but the comments as well. We might look quiet and sedate and boring, but trust me, you get that much brain power and that many smart-alecs in one place at the same time, it doesn’t stay quiet for long.