Punny Monday 2010.08.30

Welcome to Punny Monday. Every Sunday evening about midnight Pacific Daylight Savings Time I post an original photo and ask my readers to figure out what was going on in my brain (or Amoeba’s) when he/I/we made it.

Here’s the photo you need to base your guess on:

What compound noun does this photo represent? EMAIL your answers and leave a comment designed to either help or confuse your fellow game players. The first contestant to EMAIL me the right answer wins a featured link in my blog which will display until next Monday when we’ll play this little game again. Enjoy.

PLEASE, do not write your guess in the comments. It spoils the game for the other players. Your guesses will be shared when the game ends. Oh, and just because someone announces they’ve won, doesn’t mean that they have. Please keep guessing until I post the answers!

If you wished to be added to or removed from the Punny Monday mailing list, please let me know!

Wired-In

August, 30th, 2010 — 12:52 a.m. — Polona — Head Phones

August, 30th, 2010 — 3:43 a.m. — Kelley — Head Phones
August, 30th, 2010 — 5:09 a.m. — Rosidah — Head Phones
August, 30th, 2010 — 5:39 a.m. — Linda — Head Phones

~*~

Wrong Numbers

August, 30th, 2010 — 12:04 a.m. — Thom — Brain Cells
August, 30th, 2010 — 5:11 p.m. — Beth — Sleeper Cells

~*~

Ding-A-Lings

August, 30th, 2010 — 2:57 a.m. — Nessa — Headcase
August, 30th, 2010 — 4:34 a.m. — Barbara — touched in the head; iPhone applications
August, 30th, 2010 — 6:21 a.m. — Melli — Mental Telepathy
August, 30th, 2010 — 4:34 a.m. — Doug — not homophones

50 thoughts on “Punny Monday 2010.08.30

1. Thom, you do year, month, day so the computer can file it properly. That’s how I do my dates, too.

I’m sending in my guess now. Don’t be insulted Amoeba. 🙂

2. If my router was on after 10:00 pm, I might have gotten this in early enough to be the first correct answer! Well, maybe not. I don’t stay up to midnight or 1 anymore!

• Kelley — had you stayed up, you would have indeed won — however, by abiding by your own rules and a setting good example for your children, you’ll earn a greater reward.

• Yes, I knew what a compound word was. But I didn’t know if a compound noun could be two separate words (post office) or if it had to be one word. I looked it up after I answered, and a compound noun can be either way, whereas a compound word is indeed just one word.

3. I sent you a guess. I hope that it is at least a compound noun. I’m not quite sure, if I got the definition right ;). Have a wonderful week. Thanks for another great Punny Monday.

• Wow, I didn’t expect that! Loved to read the explanations about compound noun and word. I have learned something new here. Thank you. Of course, reading all the answers and comments is one of the highlights, too.

4. I think it is a modern way for meditation !

What about joining my new meme “What did you do this weekend” ? then you can write how your brains worked together ! (for example)

This is a participant hunting !

• Doug — I somehow suspect that if I had told Amoeba I needed his brains exposed for my PM shot, I would have had a bit of a struggle getting him to comply.

5. Oh dear… I missed punny Monday. Don’t think I’d have gotten this one, so at least I missed one I didn’t have a chance at solving (i’m out of the wireless/cell phone loop, I’m afraid.

6. I remembered this morning and got totally distracted. I tried to guess before scrolling down and when I saw the answer it was obvious but I found myself with the same guess as Thom! Looks like our brain cells weren’t working. 🙂

Comments are closed.