Quilly at Quintessentially Quilly and Thom at Thom’s Place 4 Well Whatever… are pleased to announce that starting tomorrow, December 1, 2010 is the return of…drum roll please!! Wait for it…. Wait for it… Oh yeah, it’s got a slightly different name. You ready?
The 12 Days of Christmas, Island Style
We are both pleased to have it return. We certainly were not going to let a little thing like the Pacific Ocean stop us from having this contest. As a refresher, it’s quite simple really. There are two major changes. Beginning tomorrow, Quilly, FIRST CHANGE, will post a Movie Quote on her blog. Your job is to guess the movie and, SECOND CHANGE, EMAIL your answer to Quilly or Thom depending upon who is hosting that day’s Movie Quote. All correct answers will then be added to the Random Number Generator and the winner will be picked. The next day a new post will announce the lucky winner, so make sure you check back on Quilly’s blog. But boys and girls, the fun doesn’t stop there. For day two, the Movie Quote will be posted on Thom’s blog and the following day the results will be posted there as well. Then head on over to Quilly’s for Movie Quote three. This will continue for the first 12 days of December. In addition the prize packages will be the same for each winner. What will you win? Excellent question and we have the answer right now.
Quilly and Thom just wanted to spread some cheer and aloha from their little corners of the world and thought this would be a fun way to do it.
Now with all contests, there are rules. They are as follows:
1. Contest to run on Quilly’s at Quintessentially Quilly and Thom’s at Thom’s Place 4 Well Whatever… blogs. Quilly will have question one and continue with the odd numbers.Â Thom will have question two and continue with the even numbers. (It is the only time he will ever be on an even keel, don’t you know?)Â So remember to check the correct blog daily.
2. You will answer the Movie Quote by Emailing the one of us that is hosting that day’s Movie Quote.
Quilly’s Email Link: Quilly Thom’s Email Link: Thom
3. Only ONE email allowed per person per day so be sure you know the answer before emailing. If you leave your guess in the comment section you will be disqualified for that day’s contest. (You will still be eligible to enter the contest on following giveaway posts.) Feel free to make as many comments on the blogs as you wish.
4. All correct emailed answers will be added to the Random Number Generator in the order they were received and a winner will be picked by said Random Number Generator. If there is no correct emailed answer all those that left BOTH a comment and emailed an answer for that day will be put into the Random Number Generator in the order of their first comment and that is how the winner will be determined.
5. Commentor must have a valid email address.
6. Void where prohibited, taxed, etc. Winner responsible for any and all taxes and or fees assessed with being declared the winner.
7. By participating, you agree that we can share your comment in a future post, and mention either your username or first name, avatar or likeness, and mention your blog or website by name.
8. All posts will go up promptly at 12:01 am and close at 11:59 pm that night. Winner will be announced by a new post at Noon the following day. (Note: All times are Pacific Standard Time)
9. Contest to run from 12:01 a.m. December 1, 2010 through midnight, December 12, 2010. The final winner will be announced on December 13th.
10. Winner MUST email either Quilly and/or Thom with his/her mailing address within 24 hours of the winning post announcement. If you win on Quilly’s blog you will email her your mailing address and vice versa if you win on Thom’s blog. If we do not receive your mailing address within 24 hours, you will be disqualified and the Random Number Generator will pick a new winner. For the email address you can click on the links in 2 above or by clicking QUILLY or THOM.
11. Packages to go out via United States Postal Service 1st class mail. Quilly and Thom are not responsible for lost, stolen, damaged or misplaced packages. All packages will be mailed on December 14, 2010.
12. The most important rule is to have fun. We just wanted to brighten the holidays and show a little Cheer and Aloha to our readers of our blogs. Thank You and Mahalo!
Merry Christmas – Mele Kalikimakaand – eHappy New Year – Hau’oli Makahiki Hou!
24 thoughts on “The 12 Days of Christmas, Island Style”
Hi! Sorry the post is late. Apparently there was some glitch on my service provider’s end last night.
In my giveaway you will find: a lovely magnet with an enameled scene of the San Juan Islands, complete with a tiny Washington State Ferry and an Orca. You will find a post card telling you about the famous Washington State Ferries, and you will find a hardbacked novel, Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor, by Lisa Kleypas. The novel does a lovely and accurate job of depicting our little island. All of the landscape details in this book are accurate, right down to the restaurants! Oh, and the story is cute, too.
Thanks for explaining what was in your giveaway — I couldn’t quite tell from the picture. Sounds neat!
Barbara — you’re welcome and I know! Santa is hiding the magnet and the 210 page novel looks like a piece of paper. Only the post card looks like what it is! Thom has a whole lot more in his package, but both prize packages are worth approximately the same amount.
Thom, you started slinging the insults buddy. Don’t throw what you can’t catch!
Moi? pffft Mine was a loving tribute and accolade to a wonderful woman
I don’t think I can get through the rules, but I’m hoping it will make sense once the game begins. Mele kalikimaka, y’all.
Doug — in a nut shell: (A really big nut — Thom-sized, in fact)
#1 — Thom & I are sharing the contest, each of us hosting every other day.
#2 — If you know what movie the quote is from, EMAIL the answer to the host who has the question up on his/her blog.
#3 — You only get to send in one guess, so make certain you’re content with your answer before you email it. DO NOT leave an answer in the comments or you will be disqualified. Do comment and have fun.
#4 — If correct entries were received, all of them will be fed to the Random Number Generator in the order in which they were received. If no one sends in a correct answer, those folks who sent an incorrect answer AND posted a comment on the blog will get their names fed (in the order of their blog comments) to the Random Number Generator.
#5 — you must have a valid email address to participate
#6 — standard legal disclaimer
#7 — standard legal affidavit
#8 — contest posts appear at Midnight daily; winners are announced at noon-ish daily
#9 — Contest spans the first 12 days of December. Final winner announced at noon on the 13th. Packages mailed all at once on the 14th.
#10 — you must acknowledge your win and send your mailing address to the proper host within 24 hours of our announcement. (Visit both of us daily, respond to what you see accordingly.)
#11 — all packages mailed first class; hosts not responsible for lost or damaged packages or tardy arrivals.
#12 — Have fun. We love you.
Yeah, thanks for boiling it down to the 2412-word essentials. I’m looking forward to whatever it is.
How’s this, Doug — you get one shot each day to email the correct person the correct answer. Period.
Like I said to Thom, I’ll try to keep up! 😉
Akelamalu — it’s about having fun so don’t stress!
i confuse. but i’m gonna go for it.
Tim — we really don’t need any more confusion, but you’re welcome to play nicely.
Ah, this explains why Thom got the even days. 😉
Thanks for explaining your prizes. I wanna win!!
Sadly, my movie knowledge is a bit lacking… but I’ll assume that research is acceptable, as long as we can come up with an answer?
Karen, since Thom is always odd, we couldn’t give him the odd numbers since that would make him even ….
As to researching, go right ahead, but don’t assume it will be easy. 🙂
Sounds like fun. I’ll give it a try.
Stacy Lynn — welcome!
Girl – you were one click ahead of me! I was headed to your blog the second you left me a comment. Too funny. Your contest from last year was a blast and I was a lucky winner!!! Can’t wait for this one to begin….
Church Lady — I figured that would get you here in a hurry! I hope you read the rules because we’ve changed things up a bit!
Fun! Glad my laptop is back up!
Pingback: Quintessentially Quilly
Pingback: Quintessentially Quilly
Comments are closed.