Welcome to Rock ‘n Roll Fridays brought to you by DJ KathyA. Rock ‘n Roll Fridays is much like any other “question meme”, but their little “twist” is that each week they pick a singer, band, era or category and choose thirteen related songs. Then each question is based on the song lyrics.
Today’s artist is:
1. AMERICAN GIRL: “Well, she was an American girl Raised on promises
She couldn’t help thinkin’ That there was a little more to life somewhere else”
Have you ever wanted to live somewhere else? Where?
Uhm, yes. I have lived in Idaho, Washington, California, Montana, Oregon, Nevada and Hawaii (Oahu). I currently live in Friday Harbor, WA and I hope to never move again!
2. BREAKDOWN: “Honey, I get the feeling you wont. There is no sense in pretending
Your eyes give you away, Something inside you is feeling like I do…”
Have you caught someone in a lie recently?
If I have it must not have been important because I don’t recall …
3. YOU DON’T KNOW HOW IT FEELS: “People come, people go, Some grow young, some grow cold. I woke up in between, A memory and a dream”
Do you live in the past?
No. I like to visit fond memories from time to time, but I like my life here and now.
4. THE WAITING: “The waiting is the hardest part, Every day you see one more card
You take it on faith, you take it to the heart, The waiting is the hardest part”
What have you had to wait for?
Innumerable things. These days I am most often waiting for my significant other ….
5. STOP DRAGGIN MY HEART AROUND: “Baby you’ll come knocking on my front door
Same old line you used to use before. That’s the game, well… what am I supposed to do
I didn’t know what I was getting into”
Ever been a sucker?
Have you met my ex?
6. REFUGEE: “Honey, it don’t make no difference to me, Baby, everybody’s had to fight to be free…”
Have you ever been in a physical fight with another person?
Yep. Several. Generally when everything but the crying is over I am quite surprised and the only one in the room still standing and/or not cowering in a corner. They say I’m not pretty when I’m mad. Luckily it has been years since I’ve done that.
7. LAST DANCE WITH MARY JANE: “Last dance with Mary Jane, One more time to kill the pain, I feel summer creepin’ in, And I’m tired of this town again…”
Have you ever tried marijuana or another illegal drug?
When I was a teen I smoked some pot with friends. I didn’t think it was any big deal. They were all giggling and laughing. I was nauseous and paranoid. Several hours later at home I developed a horrid rash. I said something to my elder sister and legal guardian about it. She looked at my arm and exclaimed, “You’ve been smoking pot!” I denied it. “Oh no I haven’t!” She said, “Yes you have. That’s the same rash I got when I tried it.”
8. INTO THE GREAT WIDE OPEN: “He met a girl out there with a tattoo too
The future was wide open. They moved into a place they both could afford
He found a night club he could work at the door”
Have you done something on the spur of the moment that worked out fine?
Many, many, many things — especially if there is adventure to be had!
9. HERE COMES MY GIRL: “Hey, here comes my girl, here comes my girl, Yeah, she looks so right, shes all I need tonight”
What do you need besides your significant other tonight?
Right now, nothing. Half the Pacific Ocean is between my love and I, and I just want him to come home!
10. HARD ON ME: “Maybe if I tried, I could turn the other cheek, Maybe, but how big do I have to be? I need someone To put their arm around me Shelter me from all harm…”
What is the worst thing you have forgiven someone for?
Killing my grandmother.
11. FREE FALLIN: “She’s a good girl, loves her mama, Loves Jesus and America too, She’s a good girl, crazy ’bout Elvis, Loves horses and her boyfriend too…”
What are 6 things you love or are crazy about?
Jesus, Amoeba, my family, my camera, San Juan Island, and blogging.
12. EVEN THE LOSERS: “Baby, even the losers get lucky sometimes, Even the losers keep a little bit of pride. They get lucky sometimes”
Have you ever been a loser?
Divorced. I filed, but that doesn’t mean I won.
13. SHADOW OF A DOUBT: “With that little certain something, she’s a complex kid, And she’s always been so hard to get around. She always likes to leave me with a shadow of a doubt.”
What is the shadiest advice you have ever been told?
“Oh go ahead. No one will ever know.”
Artist next week: SIMON & GARFUNKEL!
Want to play? Go visit: Rock ‘n Roll Friday!
Paul Revere & the Raiders