The Random Dozen Meme
1. When you go to Wowmart, what one thing do you get every single time, besides a funky-wheeled squeaking cart full of frustration?
Usually lunch at Wendy’s, because it’s right next door! 😉
2. What is something that people are currently “into” that you just don’t get or appreciate?
Okay, I have no trouble with Facebook, itself, but what’s with all those cutesy add-ons? Most of them suck up time and energy and provide no value. So please, stop sending me hugs and throwing food at me and buying me flowers or whatever because I’ve decided I am finished with all the nonsense! You want to catch me up on your life, fine. You want to catch me upside my virtual head with a virtual pie, I’m virtually not interested.
3. What is something that really hoists your sail that other people might feel “ho-hum” about?
PUNS! I love puns.
4. Favorite song to sing in the shower or car?
Usually whatever hymn is playing in my head.
5. A really great salad must have this ingredient:
Blue cheese! Dill weed. Spinach. Purple onions. Sunflower seeds.
6. Advice in a nutshell to new bloggers (one or two sentences):
Visit other people’s blogs, leave behind genuine, thoughtful comments, and your popularity will be assured.
7. What was the alternate name that your parents almost named you? Do you wish they had chosen it instead of the one they gave you?
Please remember, I was born when the sex of the child was determined by wives tales, not science. My parents planned to name me Charles, Jr. I am just as happy that they didn’t.
8. What in your life are you waiting for?
My Amoeba. Always. I am waiting for him right now. Sometimes I wait for him to come home from work, or from band practice, or from choir practice or from ……
9. You get a package in the mail. What is it, and who is it from?
Well, currently I am hoping it is from Diesel and has a book in it. I am also expecting a book and music from Barbara. I run to greet the mailman joyfully every day, but receive only bills, which make me very sad.
10. Today–what song represents you?
11. What is one thing that blogging has taught you about yourself?
Blogging has taught me that I am a very little fish in a very big pond. Blogging has connected me to wonderful people and wonderful things (and not-so-wonderful people and not-so-wonderful things). I’ve learned much about the world that I might never have known had I not started to blog.
12. How are you going to (or how did you) choose the clothes you’re wearing today? What do they say about you in general or specifically how you’re feeling today?
I walked into the bedroom and picked up the two coolest clean things and then I put them on. They say I am hot and sweaty and if I had curtains on my windows – which I don’t – I would be naked.