A proper Haiku is so much more than a 5-7-5 syllable pattern, but I wasn’t invited to do a proper Haiku. I was asked for a silly one, so here it is — the theme for this week is chaos:
Papers and books stacked?
Dirty clothes in heaps and piles?
Who cares? I’m writing.
Random Dozen Meme
from: 2nd Cup of Coffee
1. Which is worse: a long, boring meeting or standing in a return/exchange line after Christmas?
Well, I attend the meetings, but I refuse to stand in exchange lines, so I guess the lines are worse.
2. Except for maybe Rosie O’Donnell or Ann Coulter, nobody likes confrontation, yet we all have to deal with it. When you feel cornered and defensive, do you “bite back” or become passive aggressive?
I am apt to do either. Â It really depends on who is doing the pushing and why, as well as how competent I am in that context.
3. Do you know anything about your genealogical background? (What country, culture, ties to prominent historical figures, or other stuff.)
I have a book compiled on the history of my paternal family from the early 1400s.
4. What is the quickest way a person can endear him/herself to you?
Be authentic. Â If you want to be my friend, say what you mean; mean what you say, and share your chocolates.
5. Cake, pie, cookies, or ice cream? (Note there is no “all of the above” option. You must choose one. Feel free to elaborate on flavor or memories tied to this dessert.) If you’d like, you can share a recipe, but you certainly don’t have to.
6. Females: Do you regularly change your handbag to coordinate with your outfit?
I used to. Â Now I carry a denim bag and live in denim clothes. Â Of course, when I leave this land of perpetual summer, that may change.
7. Are you task-oriented or relationship-oriented?
8. IHOP, Bob Evans or Cracker Barrel?
Don’t know Bob Evans. Â Of the two remaining, IHOP for breakfast then Cracker Barrel for dinner. Â 😉
9. Have you ever left a movie in progress in a theater? Why?
Yes. Â Too much smex on the screen and in the seat to my immediate left with was occupied by a total stranger who had a, uhm, really good grip on himself. Â At first I just closed my eyes. Â I was afraid to stand up and leave in case somebody recognized me. Â Then it dawned on me that if someobody recognized me, I wanted them to see me leaving! Â I went over the seat and into the empty row behind me rather than risk touching (or being touched by) the guy beside me. Â [shudder]
10. What is one area of life in which you would like to develop more discipline or organization?
11. Was middle school fun or painful?
Fun! Â And if it wasn’t fun, my friends and I did something to liven things up. Â (Yep, we were that bunch.) Â Study hall had 100 desks and was built auditorium style with a slanting floor. Â Once about a dozen of us all took a handful of marbles in, sat in the very back row, and put them down on the floor ….
12. What is your favorite Fall beverage?
Here in Hawaii, I drink mint iced tea, or Diet Dr. Pepper, or water, year round. Â Once upon a time, when I knew what Fall was, I liked hot Manzanita tea.