It’s that time again! Lidna over at 2nd Cup of Coffee has come up with 12 more questions. I just love her memes. They make me think!
1. On an average, how often do you splurge and buy something for yourself?
Well, at least once a week I have a candy bar. I used to buy books on a regular basis and a DVD every now and then, but since I am not working I’ve put the breaks on — except I was recently given a gift certificate for the mall and I spent the entire thing on novels! I tried to get one for Amoeba, too, but he wouldn’t let me spend my girft money on him.
2. Are you more like Hall or Oates? Well I’m NOT quiet.
Just kidding. Real question: What is the last creative project you began/finished? Feel free to post a pic of it.
That would be Melli’s Photo Challenge and it is already posted.
3. OK, Goldie Locks, do you consider your house too big, too little or juuuust right?
Well, that depends on what I am doing. When I am trying to put stuff away, it is too small. When I am vacuuming and mopping, it is too big!
4. What is your favorite outdoor chore?
Watering the flowers!
5. If you knew that cigarette smoking was not bad for your health but would be a weight loss tool, would you use it? Why or why not?
Uhm, considering that I smoked for 20 years and it was my weight-loss tool, I guess I’d have to say yes. (I have been smoke-free since May 5th, 1997.) On the other hand, the expense — and the fact that Amoeba would never kiss me again — makes me say no.
6. On a road trip, would you rather drive or ride?
I love taking road trips alone, and then of course I drive. If, however, I am road tripping with someone, I prefer they drive so I can gawk and nap.
7. What do you consider a trivial pursuit?
Hmmm. How about trying to come up with an answer to this question?
8. This weekend, we downloaded the movie “Duplicity” with Julia Roberts and Clive Owen. Within 5 minutes, I was bored and annoyed, but I kept watching 5-10 minutes at a time hoping it would get better between small chores. I finally gave up and Jorge watched it alone, and then regretted wasting that time because he disliked it intensely, too. So … how long do you watch a movie or read a book before giving up on it?
If a movie is boring, I tend to wander off, either mentally or physically, and forget to come back. Pretty much the same thing happens if a book is boring. There is a book by my bed right now that has been over a month untouched. I left off on page 33. I might as well return it to the person who loaned it to me because I really don’t think I’m going to finish it.
9. Is there a song that you really love but are embarrassed to admit because it’s not cool or it’s racy or because it’s by Hall and Oates?
Abba — it isn’t cool to like Abba, but I do.
10. On a scale of 1-10 (10 = extremely) how spontaneous are you?
I say 10, Amoeba says 8. That surprises me. He is very deliberate and plans everything. I expected him to consider me “out there”. I must be mellowing in my old age.
11. Are you a food and/or beverage snob?
I don’t think so. I will turn up my nose if you put sugar in my coffee or tea, but I won’t turn up my nose if you put it in yours. I prefer Pepesi, but I will drink Coke. I have preferred brands in many items, but if I can’t get them I will substitute.
12. Who/What are you trying to control in your life?
Amoeba and I discussed this over dinner. He said I am the least controlling person he has ever met. I agreed. I don’t even work much at controlling the things I should — like my weight. And then Amoeba said I am very particular about my moral space and am very strict about maintaining my own beliefs. I have to agree with him. I guard my intergrity quite zealously.