It’s that time again! Lidna over at 2nd Cup of Coffee has come up with 12 more questions. I just love her memes. They make me think!
1. I’ve always wondered why we were taught both printing and cursive. Do you prefer to print or write cursive? (Keyboard is not a choice.)
Teacher here — the printing press is the reason we were taught to read and write in both print and cursive. Mass communication is done in print, not cursive. In fact, there are some today who say we should do away with cursive all together.
2. Are you a dreamer or a realist?
Both — I like to dream, but I know where dreams and reality meet, and which is which — most days.
3. Billy Joel or Elton John?
It really depends on my mood, but more often then not, Billy Joel.
4. What is the scariest movie you’ve ever seen? Not limited to horror flicks but also includes ones where the tension or suspense is killer, for example, Flightplan (2005): A bereaved woman and her daughter are flying home from Berlin to America. At 30,000 feet the child vanishes and nobody admits she was ever on that plan.
I don’t do scary movies. I see no reason to feed the nightmares. However, I think the most terrifying movie I ever watched was Helter Skelter — because it was true. I was so engrossed in the movie, I didn’t hear the neighbor come in the house. He’d knocked. I didn’t respond, so he opened the door and asked if I was all right. I think my terrified scream answered him — and then neither of us were all right!
5. Now what is the scariest real-life moment you’ve had?
My greatest terror was turned to joy in an instant by God. You can read about it here.
6. What word do you misspell without fail?
Separate. I always put an E where the first A belongs. Always. Even though I know it’s incorrect.
7. Name something you like to do but are not really talented or good at.
Sing! I love to sing. Other people aren’t quite as thrilled to hear me.
8. Do you get your emotional/mental batteries recharged by being around people or by having alone time?
Yes. 😉 I need a good balance of both.
9. Have you ever been on TV?
Yes, I was on a children’s show as a child, and I have been on the news as an adult.
10. Apple or pumpkin pie? (Don’t be greedy.)
Pumpkin for me. Apple for Amoeba.
11. How many magazine subscriptions do you have?
One. Photography. The subscription came free with my camera.
12. What lesson do you have to keep re-learning?
Don’t put off until the last minute what could have been done and over a week ago.