Itâ€™s that time again! Lidna over at 2nd Cup of Coffee has come up with 12 more questions. Â This is her 13th Dozen. Â I just love her memes. They make me think!
1. Are you sticking to traditional Thanksgiving foods this year, or are you being culinarily adventurous?
Yes to both. We are having the traditional turkey, gravy, stuffing, potatoes mashed, etc. PLUS I am treating my friends to some Tofurkey Jones Soda (in fact I have put this out as a meme challenge to others) AND I am trying a couple of new recipes for old favorites (Pecan & Pumpkin pies).
2. Tell me something concrete that you’re thankful for. (Something you can literally touch, see, etc., not a concept like “hope.”)
I am thankful for my Amoeba.
3. You knew the flip side was coming: Share about something intangible that you’re thankful for.
God’s love and grace.
4. Share one vivid Thanksgiving memory. It doesn’t have to be deep or meaningful, just something that remains etched in your memory.
When my cousin Patty and I were little we would steal black olives from the relish dish — one for each finger. Then we’d run and hide and eat them one-by-one!
5. What is one thing that you know beyond a shadow of a doubt is going to happen this Thanksgiving because it always does, year after year?
I eat too much. Duh.
6. Do your pets get any left-overs?
7. Does your family pray before the big meal? If so, do you join hands while seated, stand, repeat a formal prayer or offer a spontaneous prayer? Who does the praying?
Does my family pray? Yes. Do the people we are inviting to our home? I know for a fact one does not. I’ve not yet decided how we’re handling this. Probably with a moment for silent thanks.
8. Will you be watching football in the afternoon? If not, what will you be doing?
No football. Laughing with friends.
9. There are two distinct camps of people on this issue: How do you feel about oysters in the dressing/stuffing?
It depends on who makes the dressing. The only oyster dressing i have ever liked was my Aunt Aldy’s, and she is no longer with us.
10. Do you consider yourself informed about the first Thanksgiving?
Yes. I know what foods we eat they probably didn’t, and the true story of the pilgrim’s suffering and the native’s very slow, skeptical & cautious decision to help.
11. Which variety of pie will you be enjoying?
Pecan and Pumpkin, at the very least.
12. Do you feel for the turkey?? (This is a humorous throw back question related to the 12th question in another Random Dozen!)
Nope. I didn’t have to kill it. (That’s probably a bad thing.)