Looking for a meme with thoughtful questions? On Tuesdays click on the link below and pick up the questions. On Wednesdays, post your answers.
1. Define a great relationship.
Mutual trust, support, respect, and love.Â The sharing of laughter, hope, joys, disappointments and failures.Â Amoeba is always on my side, even when he’s not siding with me. He tells me what I need to hear, not necessarily what I want to hear. He is my greatest fan –and my greatest critic, but his criticism is always constructive and given to help, not destroy or discourage. I would hope he would say these things of me as well.
2. Why is it called a “drive-through” if you have to stop? (Real question: What was the last food/drink you purchased at a drive-through?)
I don’t recall the last time I purchased food from a drive-thru. There aren’t any in Friday Harbor which means my last drive-thru visit was in Hawaii, which means it was prior to January.
3. As I type this, the Butler Bulldogs are getting ready to play in the NCAA championship game. Every Hoosier is hysterical about this except me. So in honor of the Bulldogs … what is your favorite breed of dog? (I tried.)
I tend towards lovable, shaggy mutts.
4. If you had to move to a state besides the one you currently live in, where would you move?
No. No. No. No. No. I just moved. My boxes aren’t completely unpacked. I am finally home and I am staying! (Please don’t let those be “famous last words”.)
5. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
I would have liked to have known my mother. But had I known my mother, would I have been less close to my grandmother? You know, I like my life where it is now so I am not certain — even as much as I regret having no memories of my mother — that I want to change things. God arranged my life the way it is for a reason.
6. Who’s the funniest person you know?
Amoeba. Better still, Amoeba and I together. (Not very modest, I know.)
7. Did you get enough sleep last night?
I rarely think I’ve gotten enough sleep, but then I have a sleep disorder. Amoeba had to wake me, but I am functioning and alert. I must have gotten enough sleep.
8. What’s the first thing you thought about this morning?
Feels good (back rub) and (simultaneously) I have to go to the bathroom.
9. Grilled or Fried? –HONESTLY
It depends on what it is. Steak, grilled. French fries, fried. Hello?
10. Are you afraid of the dark?
Not the dark per se, but I have a difficult time seeing in the dark, and I fear hurting myself.
11.When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Alive. If you are familiar with my childhood you will understand.
12. If you had one word to describe yourself , what would you choose?