About the Book:
Jesus taught with hands-on lessons and illustrations. The Hands-On Bible uses the same experience-based learning to communicate God’s Word in an active, understandable way. This new edition features updated tip-ins, a more portable size for kids, an attractive cover, and online parenting helps. With hundreds of fun, memorable activities (A “Do-It” activity in EVERY feature!) and the full New Living Translation text, the Hands-On Bible is packed with activities and experiences that invite kids to crawl inside the Scriptures and “do” God’s Word!
About The New Living Translation:
Since it is not possible to literally translate every Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic word into English, the vast majority of Bible scholars embrace the principle of dynamic equivalence—rendering the true meaning of an ancient phrase or passage in its closest contemporary English language equivalent. The NLT second edition represents a new benchmark in dynamic equivalence, carefully taking into account both the literal and dynamic renderings and where both are equally clear, accepting the more word-for-word direction. This balance of living language and precise scholarship sets the standard for Bible translations.
I love this Bible! This is the best family/kids oriented Bible I have ever seen, and as a youth leader, I have assessed plenty of “child-friendly” Bibles. There are so many things to love about this Bible. First off, this isn’t your typical, “Here, kid, carry this to church on Sunday” Bible.
This Bible provides families with do-together activities that bring scripture alive. There are science experiments, crafts, snacks, and journaling activities. As a teacher and a youth leader I highly approve. These are lessons like the ones I taught in Sidewalk Sunday School. this Bible will help the kids experience the how and the why of living life God’s way.
This Bible has many more incredible features, including:
- 52 Key Verse Activities, help kids learn, understand, and live important Bible truths
- Bible Hero Biographies, talk straight to kids, making characters come alive
- Bible Bonanza Experiences, introduce kids to the biggest and best Bible stories
- Bible Book Introductions, make kids want to read every book of the Bible by using humor and hilarious graphics
- Fun Facts, help kids see the Bible as true and amazing
- Kids’ Dictionary/Concordance
- 8 Full-color maps
- Color illustrations through-out the Bible
- Frequently Asked Questions About the Bible
- Personal Reading Plan
Tyndale House Publishers has provided me with a certificate good for one free Hands-On Bible. To enter to win the Bible, please share your favorite scripture in the comments. Entries for the giveaway will be accepted through midnight Sunday, August 15th, 2010. The entries will be numbered in order as they are received (all comments bear a time stamp). A winner will be chosen by the Random Number Generator at Random.com.
Even More Giveaways!
Please visit to the Tyndale House Publishers website for even more chances to win. They are offering three prize packages. Each one includes:
- A gift card for 12 family pizza dinners
- Two hardcover Hands-On Bibles
- Hands-On Bible Curriculum for your church (one age level of your choice) and
- All three What’s In the Bible? DVDs.
The Random Number generator picked entry #6, Deborah! Congrats, Deborah. I need your mailing address to get the certificate for this incredible Bible on it’s way to you.