Father, I come before you now longing to know you better. As I read your Word today, as I approach you in prayer, reveal not just your truth to me, but tune my heart to beat with yours.
Draw me close and make me more like you. Help me to see through your eyes, to think your thoughts, to act according to your wisdom, compelled by your call to love. Amen (p.144)
The In His Image Devotional Bible NLT sets itself apart from many other devotional Bibles by not directing our energies toward being better men, women, spouses, princesses, fathers, mothers, or prayer warriors, but by focusing us on who God is, and educating us on what it means to live in his image. We all know if we only focus on God and live in obedience to his command, we will become better men, women, spouses, etc., what we don’t know is what that should look like! This Bible points the way.
I want to tell you, I received this Bible quite some time ago and should have done the review long ago, but the In His Image Devotional Bible fit my current Bible study so well that I put it with my study materials instead of on my review shelf. If I hadn’t been reviewing my reading records, I don’t know how long it would have taken me to remember — not because this Bible is forgettable, but because it fit my study needs so well I thought of it as part of the set!
- New Living Translation
- God’s Character (articles that expand on God’s attributes in conjunction with scripture readings to provide us with a clearer understanding of God’s character)
- Book Introductions (highlight the Divine Attributes central to each theme)
- Prayerful Readings (devotionals designed to help us quiet our hearts and listen to God)
- Prayerful Reading Index (which allows you to focus on an follow each of God’s 15 divine attributes all the way through the Bible, study them in Biblical sequence or one at a time)
- Response to God (articles that look at the attributes of God)
- Response to God Article Index (helps us focus on applying the truth about God and his character to our everyday lives)
- God’s Names & Titles (the meaning behind them)
- God’s Names and Title Index (follow all references to one name or title through the Bible)
- Divine Attributes Master Index (for a full scope and sequence view of God)
- In His Image Reading Guide (all 327 devotionals listed from Genesis to Revelation to help us seek God on a daily basis 6 days a week for a year)
I have the hardback version of the Bible. It has a silky-smooth matte finish with raised, high-gloss lettering. The spine is cloth bound and well sewn. The type-face is a good size, easy to read and is printed on off-white, lightweight, yet substantial paper. The main text is in black while book titles, chapters and other headings are in blue. Everything about this book is quality.
Note: The purpose of the notes and inserts in this Bible are not to better acquaint you with the time, the culture, the topography, or the tradition of Biblical times. This Bible is dedicated to bringing us closer to God. Even though this is not a study Bible per se, it is a book that belongs in every disciple’s study library.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Tyndale House Publishers. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”