The TT questions are brought to you by Bud, the color of ripping this meme off of a Sunday Stealing from 2007 (way back before Judd & syndication when only 3 played) and the number 36936.
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Move to Friday Harbor, WA
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
The last New Year’s Resolution I made was in 1997. I vowed to never make another New Year’s Resolution. That is the only NYR I have never broken. Let’s leave it that way.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My Aunt Aldy (my mother’s sister) and Dr. John. Some might argue that Dr. John wasn’t close to me since I only knew him online, but I talked to him every day, several times a day, and I miss his wisdom.
5. What countries did you visit?
In the U.S. I visited Massachusetts, New Jersey, Kailua-Kona, Hawaii, Coeur d’Alene, Idaho and Spokane, Washington. I also visited Vancouver, B.C twice but it is much closer to where I live than any of those other places are.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
A shape like an hour glass rather than a hurricane lantern.
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The week of June 14th — because Thom, and Susan and her family came to visit. We blogged together, ran around the island together and got some excellent pics of eagles together. It was an incredible week.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Making friends! I know that sounds odd, but we just moved to a new place and had to start completely over.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I saw this pretty thing at the second hand store. It was sore in need of oiling, but it was solid and unmarred. I asked how much and almost fainted when the girl said sixty bucks. I hemmed and hawed a bit and finally decided I guess I’d take it, all the while fearing they’d figure out what it was really worth.
11. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My love’s — and I celebrate him everyday. I don’t want him to ever think I take him for granted.
12. Whose behavior made you appalled and disgusted?
Most usually my own mistakes keep me too preoccupied to worry about anyone else’s.
13. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Likely any tune from “My Fair Lady” since we pretty much lived the production for months. Despite the fact that it was the Spring show, I still find myself humming the tunes.
14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
16. Did you fall in love in 2010?
I fall in love again everyday. I am blessed to share my life with a wonderful and charming man.
17. Who did you miss?
Dr. John and Thom. Thom didn’t die, I just moved from 3 blocks to 3000 miles away.
18. Who was the best new person you met?
Whoa! Did you know I just moved here this year? I’ve met a whole slew of new people and they are all incredible. I can’t — I won’t pick one!
If you want to play along, visit Thursday Thunks!