Welcome to Rock â€˜n Roll Fridays brought to you by DJ KathyA.Â Rock â€˜n Roll Fridays is much like any other â€œquestion memeâ€, but their little â€œtwistâ€ is that each week they pick a singer, band, era or category and choose thirteen related songs.Â Then each question is based on the song lyrics.
This is a special “double” meme in honor of being the last meme of the year. Happy New Year!
Today’s artists are:Â The Beatles.
1. HARD DAYS NIGHT: â€œYou know I work all day, to get you money, to buy you things, and itâ€™s worth it just to hear you say, youâ€™re gonna give me everythingâ€¦â€
Have you ever supported another person?
Emotionally or financially? Either way, the answer is yes.
2. ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE: â€œNothing you can make that canâ€™t be made. No one you can save that canâ€™t be saved. Nothing you can do but you can learn how to be you in time, itâ€™s easy. All you need is loveâ€¦â€
What 3 things do you need besides love?
All I need is the air that I breathe … oh, sorry, wrong band. I think I’ll go with shelter, food, and water — just to prove to my college professors I was listening even if I did look like I was asleep.
3. BACK IN THE USSR: â€œBeen away so long I hardly knew the place, gee itâ€™s great to be back homeâ€¦â€
What is the most unusual place you have visited?
Hmmm …. Los Angelos?
4. DO YOU WANT TO KNOW A SECRET?: â€œListen, doo da doo, do you want to hear a secret? Do you promise not to tell?…â€
What was the last secret you heard?
Well now, I can’t tell you that, can I? If I did my friends wouldn’t trust me any more and I pride myself on being highly trustworthy.
5. DRIVE MY CAR: â€œBaby you can drive my car. Yes Iâ€™m gonna be a star. Baby you can drive my car and maybe Iâ€™ll love youâ€¦â€
When was the last time you drove someone elseâ€™s car?
If rentals don’t count, then it was over a year ago and the car belonged to Thom. I even wrote a post about it: Sunday Killed the Car.
6. EIGHT DAYS A WEEK: â€œI ainâ€™t got nothing but love, babe. Eight days a weekâ€â€¦
What was the longest week of YOUR life?
Any week Amoeba is out of town and I can’t go with him.
7. GET BACK: â€œJojo was a man who thought he was a loner, but he knew it couldnâ€™t last. Jojo left his home in Tucson Arizona, for some California grass. Get back! Get Back! Get back to where you once belongedâ€¦â€
Where do YOU belong?
Right here where I am!
8. GOOD MORNING GOOD MORNING: â€œEveryone you see is half asleep, and youâ€™re on your own youâ€™re in the streetâ€¦â€
What is your morning routine?
I am really enjoying our current morning routine, but it won’t last. Over the holidays I have been waking early, easing out of bed, going to the bathroom, then easing back into bed, cuddling up to Amoeba and going back to sleep until some scandalous hour like 8:00 or even 8:30! Generally Amoeba is up and dressed and wakes me about 7 a.m., at which point I build his breakfast and lunch, kiss him good-bye and wave him off to work. Then I check my email and my day’s to-do list and head for the shower.
9. HELLO GOODBYE: â€œI donâ€™t know why you say goodbye I say hello, hello, helloâ€¦â€
Who was the last person you said goodbye to that you look forward to saying Hello to again?
Amoeba — he just went to work.
10. YESTERDAY: â€œYesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away, now it looks as though theyâ€™re here to stay, oh I believe in yesterdayâ€¦â€
What was the best event of yesterday (the day before today)?
When the snow stopped falling, the coulds parted and the sun shone down. It was a dazzling scene.
11. WITHIN YOU WITHOUT YOU: â€œWe were talking about the space between us all and the people who hide themselves behind a wall of illusionâ€¦â€
Spiritually, do you believe in afterlife, reincarnation or nothing at all?
For God so loved the world … I hold the standard Christian beliefs, but don’t let that bother you. I try not to force them on others. Christians are supposed to be about loving their neighbors, not passing judgment, but a lot of folks who call themselves Christians disregard those parts of the Bible.
12. WHEN Iâ€™M 64: When I get older losing my hair, many years from nowâ€¦will you still be sending me a valentine, birthday greetings, bottle of wine?…â€
What was your favorite age to be?
I really liked my 40s. I had a handle on who I was and what I wanted in life, and a plan for getting it. I hadn’t yet been attacked by the aches and pains I carry now.
13. WE CAN WORK IT OUT: â€œTry to see it my way, do I have to keep on talking till I canâ€™t go on? While you see it your way, run the risk of knowing that our love will soon be gone, we can work it outâ€¦â€
What is the most drastic thing you ever did to try to save a relationship/friendship?
Huh. Fourteen years married to an alcoholic. What didn’t I do? I drug him out of bars, paid his child support, held house and home and hearth together protecting our wedding vows. I paid the rent. Lied to his employers, worked three jobs …. None of it mattered because the only thing he cared about was where his next drink was coming from.
14. THE NIGHT BEFORE: â€œWe said our goodbyes the night before, Love was in your eyes the night before, Now today I find, you have changed your mindâ€¦treat me like you did the night beforeâ€¦â€
Anything change drastically just overnight for you?
Yeah, when I tossed me ex- out of the house and reclaimed my self-esteem.
15. FOOL ON THE HILL: â€œBut nobody wants to know him, they can see that heâ€™s just a fool. And he never gives an answer but the fool on the hill sees the sun going down and the eyes in his head see the world going roundâ€¦â€
Were you ever teased or bullied in the past?
Bullied — every day of my marriage, but I didn’t know it until it was over and I was looking back.
16. SHEâ€™S A WOMAN: â€œMy love donâ€™t give me presents, I know that sheâ€™s o peasant. Only ever have to give me, love forever and forever, my love donâ€™t give me presentsâ€¦â€
What was the last gift your significant lover gave to you?
Tangible — a necklace. Intangible? Yesterday’s meme reduced me to insignificance. I couldn’t think of a single worthwhile thing I had accomplished on 2010 — nothing I could look back at and be proud of. Without missing a beat my love contradicted me and reeled off a whole list of things I had done to make him proud. His love and loyalty are the most precious and priceless gifts I have ever been given — and now you might have a better idea of why they are so valuable to me.
17. SEXY SADIE: â€œShe came along to turn on everyone, sexy Sadie the greatest of them all, Sexy Sadie how did you know, the world was waiting just for youâ€¦â€
What is sexy about your significant other?
His eyes, his smile, his sense of humor.
18. REVOLUTION: â€œYou say you want a revolution, well you know, weâ€™d all want to change the worldâ€¦â€
What would you change about the USA right now if you could (besides war)?
I would like honest politicians who say what they mean, and mean what they say.
19. PENNY LANE: â€œPenny Lane is in my ears and in my eyes, there beneath the blue suburban skiesâ€¦
Tell us about your favorite street. It doesnâ€™t have to be the one you live on nowâ€¦
My favorite street only lives in my memories. It is the one I grew up on, and while you could go back and visit it and stand in front of the house I grew up in, the neighborhood is very, very different and no longer feels like home.
20. PAPERBACK WRITER: â€œItâ€™s a thousand pages give or take a few, Iâ€™ll be writing more in a week or two. I can make it longer if you like the style, I can change it round and I want to be a paperback writerâ€¦.â€
What would your book be about if someone advanced you money to write one?
I’m currently working on a romance novel. Are you offering a contract?
21. NOWHERE MAN: â€œHeâ€™s a real nowhere man, sitting in his nowhere land, making all his nowhere plans for nobody..â€
Who do you feel is clue-less?
In regard to what? Punny Monday? Thom!
In general? People who YELL at their kids to be quiet. Hello?!
22. NORWEGIAN WOOD: â€œShe showed me her room, isnâ€™t it good Norwegian wood?â€
What piece of artwork or furniture are you most proud of?
Since we owned very little of it this time last year, I am proud of pretty much everything in my whole house!
23. MICHELLE: â€œI love you I love you I love you, thatâ€™s all I want to say, until I find a way, I will say the only words I know that youâ€™ll understandâ€¦
Have you ever dated a non-US born person? (If you are from another country , have you dated anyone outside your borders?)
Not in any manor that one would consider significant — not long term or intimate relationships — but I have gone on dates with a couple of men who don’t hold US citizenship.
24. MAXWELLâ€™S SILVER HAMMER: â€œBang Bang Maxwellsâ€™ silver hammer came down on her head, bang bang Maxwellâ€™s silver hammer made sure that she was deadâ€¦â€
How would you like to die if given a choice?
Peacefully, in my sleep.
25. MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR: â€œRoll up for the mystery tour. The magical mystery tour is waiting to take you away, waiting to take you away take you todayâ€¦â€
What was the last tour you went on?
The Kilauea Caldera tour at Volcano National Park on the Big Island in Hawaii.
26. LADY MADONNA: â€œLady Madonna baby at your breast, wonders how you manage to beat the restâ€¦â€
How do you feel about public breast feeding?
It depends. I have seen it done with style and class and I have seen women flop-out their breasts in public for anyone and everyone to see. I have no problem whatsoever with the first type of woman, however it is my personal opinion that the women who choose the second option are more interested in attention and controversy than they are in nurturing their child.
Artist next week: