1. Candy corn: Your thoughts?
Very colorful and tasty wax.
2. Briefly, what was the first conversation you ever had with your spouse? (or best friend, if you’re not married.) (Or someone significant, like your librarian.)
Amoeba and I met online. He defended a stance I took on public education, then emailed me an apology for stepping on my toes; at the same time I emailed him a thank you letter for supporting me so eloquently.
3. Could you ever become a vegetarian?
Highly unlikely. Â If I have to go too long without beef, I chase cows in the field and try to bite them.
4. Have you ever dressed up your pet in a costume?
The cat, when I was a kid. I enjoyed it more than Stripes seemed to.
5. Name something about childhood that you miss (like Clark Bars, Teaberry Gum, Malibu Barbie, cracking fake eggs on people’s heads with your fist and “It’s the Great Pumpkin” airing only once a year).
Dewy-soft skin, naturally blond hair, and knees that don’t creak!
6. Have you ever won a trophy? If not, what do you deserve a trophy for?
Yes, one year IÂ receivedÂ a Â Most Improved trophy — which means I was still a loser. However, in the 8th grade I wrote the school song for our brand new school and they still sing it today, 37 years later.
7. When do you think is the appropriate time to begin playing Christmas music each year?
I’d just as soon every one wait for at least a couple days after Thanksgiving.
8. What’s your favorite board game?
9. How do you feel about surprises (receiving, not giving)?
Happy ones I like. Unhappy ones (like dead cars in the middle of the road) I could do without.
10. Is it easy for you to say, “I’m sorry?”
Yes. Saying “I’m sorry” is much less stressful then the guilt of pretending nothing is wrong.
11. What is your favorite candle scent?
12. October is traditionally “open house” time in public schools. If you had a literal open house in your home (like a reception) what light snacks would you serve visitors and what would you show them (as in art projects, graded papers) that would uniquely represent you?
No Trick Pumpkin Treats and my photography.