Most of you know by now that I used to be married to an alcoholic. Â Sometimes I think I would still be married to an alcoholic if I hadn’t gone to work in a drug & alcohol rehab hospital. Â I don’t think the hospital did a lot to help it’s patients, but the education I received was invaluable.
I was just reading about a drug rehab program that sounds 100 times more humane and effective than the one in the hospital where I worked. Â The Narconon Drug Rehab Program begins by enrolling students rather than “patients”. Â I know it’s just a word, but language is powerful and how a person thinks or feels about him/her self is critical to his/her recovery and healing.
Narconon was founded by William Benitez Â while he was an inmate at Arizona State Prison. Â He realized that his drug addiction had caused most of the problems in his life. Â He set out to change his patterns of thinking and expectations, and after successfully transforming himself, he fought for the right to teach other inmates the life lessons and principles he had learned.
Today one of the original members of that first Narconon Program in 1967, Gordon Weinand,Â works for Narconon Drug Rehab in Georgia. Â He was one of the first of many success stories. Â Narconon doesn’t treat patients, they educate people. Â They start first by giving addicts a new vision of themselves and setting a goal –Â becomingÂ the person they always wanted to be — and then Narconon teaches them the tools, strategies and concepts that will lead to obtaining those goals.
If you or anyone you know is suffering from addiction, call Narconon. Â They have over 40 years of success behind them. Â Go to the website, read the stories. Â Call the phone number. Â Save a life.
It’s quite simple really. Beginning tomorrow,Quillywill post a riddle on her blog and a picture of that day’s prize being given away. Your job is to answer the riddle by leaving a comment onQuilly’sblog. All correct answers will then be added to the Random Number Generator and the winner will be picked. The next day a new post will announce the lucky winner, so make sure you check back onQuilly’sblog. But boys and girls, the fun doesn’t stop there. For day two, the riddle and prize will be posted onThom’sblog and the following day the results will post onThom’sblog and then head on over to Quilly’s for riddle three. This will continue for the first 12 days of December.QuillyandThomjust wanted to spread some aloha from their little corner of the world and thought this would be a fun way to do it.
Now with all contests, there are rules. They are as follows (and they will be posted on each daily post):
1. Contest to run onQuilly’satQuintessentially QuillyandThom’satThom’s Place 4 Well Whatever…blogs. Quilly will have question one and continue with the odd numbers. Thom will have question two and continue with the even numbers. So remember to check the correct blog daily.
2. You will answer the riddle by leaving a comment in the post.
3. Only ONE comment allowed per person, so be sure you know the answer before commenting. Two or more comments on the prize post will disqualify you from that days contest. (You will still be eligible to comment on proceeding giveaway posts.)
4. All correct answers will be added to the Random Number Generator in the order they were received and a winner will be picked by said Random Number Generator.
5. Commentor must have a valid website and/or blog that can be verified with a valid email address.
6. Void where prohibited, taxed, etc. Winner responsible for any and all taxes and or fees assessed with being declared the winner.
7. By participating, you agree that we can share your comment in a future post, and mention either your username or first name, avatar or likeness, and mention your blog or website by name.
8. All posts will go up promptly at 12:01 am and close at 11:59 pm that night. Winner will be announced by a new post at Noon the following day.(Note: All times are Hawaiian Standard Time)
9. Contest to run from12:01 a.m. December 1, 2009 through midnight, December 12, 2009. The final winner will be announced on December 13th.
10. Winner MUST email eitherQuillyand/orThomwith his/her mailing address within 24 hours of the winning post announcement. If you win onQuilly’sblog you will email her your mailing address and vice versa when you win onThom’sblog. If we do not receive your mailing address within 24 hours, you will be disqualified and the Random Number Generator will pick a new winner. On Quilly’s blog her email address may be obtained by clicking on Email Me! in the left side bar under her picture. On Thom’s blog in the right side bar under Pages click on Contact Me.
11. Packages to go out via United States Postal Service 1st class mail. Quilly and Thom are not responsible for lost, stolen, damaged or misplaced packages. All packages will be mailed on December 14, 2009.
12. The most important rule is tohave fun. We just wanted to brighten the holidays and show a little Aloha to our readers of our blogs. Mahalo!
We look forward to this and hope you have fun with it.
To provide the best experiences, we use technologies like cookies to store and/or access device information. Consenting to these technologies will allow us to process data such as browsing behavior or unique IDs on this site. Not consenting or withdrawing consent, may adversely affect certain features and functions.
The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network.
The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user.
The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for statistical purposes.The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes.