This time I am only 20+ hours late posting my Random Dozen. I’m getting better! Thank you, Linda (aka Lid or Lidna) at 2nd Cup of Coffee.
1. What is your favorite fair/carnival food?
Today it was fresh, homemade fudge. From my childhood it was corn dogs. Tomorrow, it will be something else …
2. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?
3. What is your favorite gift to receive?
Time. Come visit with me, have some tea, play a board game. Laugh and have fun. That’s the best gift ever.
4. When was the last time you tried something new?
Today. I am running a booth at the fair for the first time ever.
5. What is your favorite and least favorite book genre?
Least Fave: horror
6.Silver or Gold?
7. What makes you sigh?
What kind of sigh? Happy, sad, exasperated, angry, rueful, annoyed, …. this question just made me sigh. It is frustratingly vague — that’s it! Frustration makes me sigh.
8. If you didn’t know how old you are, how old would you claim you are?
Today I am 99. I have a myriad of aches and pains resulting from a lot of flailing and a near fall.
9. Would you break a law to save a loved one? To protect a loved one?
Would I jay walk,. Sure. Would I commit murder. No. These questions are remarkably vague, don’t you think?
10. If you had to teach something, what would it be?
School? That is my vocation ….
11. You’re having lunch with 3 people whom you respect and admire. They begin to criticize a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. What do you do?
I speak up. I tell them the person is a friend of mine and I give her good qualities. I know that’s what I do because I have done it.
12. Which of the 5 Love Languages is your prominent means of experiencing love? (Quality Time, Physical Touch, Acts of Service, Gifts, Words of Affirmation)
I scored 9 in words of affirmation and 8 in physical touch. The results did not surprise me in the least.
Do you know your love language? Take the test:
Not sure which is your most prominent love language? Take the quiz!