Well, the kids got their wasabi peas, but I didn’t get to work on my report cards. The system was down most of the morning. When all 100 plus of us hop online and start plugging in grades our server has a nervous breakdown. Happens at least once every grade period.
First Period –
- “Tastes like magic marker.”
- “No, tastes like nail polish remover.”
- “Teacher, have you tasted these? You haven’t have you?”
- Rich started licking his sleeve and yelling, “It’s nasty! It’s nasty.”
“They’re more grosser then lima beans.”
“They can’t be, they are lima beans!”
Second Period –
- “I’m not eating this! It has that glow in the dark stuff on it!”
- “They taste like my grandma smells.”
- “If I was starving to death I wouldn’t eat this stuff!”
- “Hey, can I get more of these? They’d be great to throw at the math teacher when he isn’t looking.”
- Hugh spit the pea back into the hand of the boy that gave it to him.
Boy one: “I can’t think of a slogan for my ad.”
Boy two: “Me neither.”
Boy three: “I got my slogan: Eat’em and Vomit!“
Third Period –
- “Is it supposed to be this nasty?’
- “Swallow’em down, thow’em up.”
- “Ms. A. definitely doesn’t like us. This is some nasty stuff.”
- Joanie trying to look at her tongue to see if it has burn marks.
“It’s too spicy on my tongue.”
“Don’t suck on it! Chew it up.”
“My teeth don’t want to touch it.”
Stay tuned for periods 4 & 5 tomorrow. A good time was had by — me!